This article is by Phyllis Tarbox and published by A&B Counseling
Spirits of anxiety come from hell. Their target is your Achilles heel, the chink in your armor. They aim to get a hook in your flesh to dissipate your strength and corner you in continual warfare.
The devil doesn’t need you to be anxious about the new Corona Virus or its financial impact, although that was the world-wide invitation. The anxiety released on the remnant is a more calculated assault to destroy you based upon insecurity that has gone unchecked until now.
That insecurity could be your health, finances, children, future, trauma, or vulnerability left open in your past.
The devil is sifting the saints, but so is God!
“For thus says the Lord of hosts: ‘Once more (it is a little while) I will shake heaven and earth, the sea and dry land; and I will shake all nations, and they shall come to the Desire of All Nations, and I will fill this temple with glory,’ says the Lord of hosts. (Haggai 2:6-7)
God always takes what is meant for evil and uses it for your good! His shaking and exposing will fill your temple with his glory, the full revelation of His character and presence. The glory will seal the breach in your armor to put the enemy under your feet!
We are inundated with clients calling with anxiety and depression. I find it interesting that many spiritual leaders are battling the same spirits. They quickly tell me they are not afraid of the virus or its wake, but the enemy has identified a weakness to an open door, and it’s beating them up.
Strategies to Defeat Anxiety
- Identify the area of weakness the enemy is exploiting and repent for any past sin or idolatry.
What you focus on with obsession is an idol. It’s challenging to realize that you have made fear an idol, but God has a pathway out of this thinking:
“Do not remember the former things, Nor consider the things of old, Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth. Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness And rivers in the desert. (Isaiah 43:18-19)
- Ask yourself what gift/purpose is the enemy trying to destroy. This war is not about you; it is about your kingdom assignment. The sooner you realize the assault is not personal, you will stir up righteous anger at the enemy and refuse to cower in fear.
God revealed to me that the demons sent out to destroy, do not even know your name. God, in contrast, knows you BY name and has it inscribed on his hands. His protection is personal. We are his bride.
Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine. (Isaiah 43:1)
- Command all demon sprits of anxiety to go in the name of Jesus Christ. You have the authority to drive out demons in his name. (Mark 16:17)
- Ask God for a new meditation, focus your thoughts upward when the devil tries to stir up anxiety. When I ask God for his opinions of me, I see pure love emanating out of his eyes. It is a picture of his glory that melts my heart every time.
“You don’t deal with a negative by focusing on it. You focus on the opposite provision, and the negative becomes displaced by the provision that God gives you.” Graham Cooke
- Seek deliverance. You are not alone. You have a safe place to come and release what the enemy is using against you. We look at the gift you are to the body of Christ to understand the demonic torment you are experiencing.
If you are living with anxiety, that has become your expectation. It is time to exchange that confident expectation for God’s promises. Connect with us; we are only one intake form away!